The delightful Avenue Road ground is situated a short walk from the centre of the market town, off the A40 Brecon Road. Abergavenny can be reached from Junction 26 of the M4 and then approached via either the A4042 or A40. It can also be reached from the north and west from the A465, following signs for Abergavenny(Y Fenni).
Parking is available at Lower Meadow, Old Hereford Road (5 minutes walk to the ground via Pen-y-pound via Gate 2).
Limited parking is available for disabled badge holders and sponsors at the Ground. (via Avenue Road Gate 1)
For a general route map to Abergavenny and South Wales, please consult the maps on the Cardiff University webpage.
The town bus station is about a mile`s walk from the ground and is served by many National Welsh, National Express and Stagecoach South Wales services, especially those from Newport to Brecon or Hereford.
The Abergavenny Railway Station is situated on the southern outskirts of the town, and is served by Alphaline and Arriva Trains Wales services running from Newport and Cardiff to Hereford and Manchester. The station however is a good two miles walk from the cricket ground. There is a taxi rank at the station, but no linking bus services.
WHERE TO STAY
For details of the hotels, and bed and breakfast establishments in the Abergavenny area, please ring Tourist Information on 01873 853254 or 01873 857588.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Pakistan 2021/22
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Sierra Leone in Nigeria 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE