LESLIE, Charles Frederick Henry.
Born at Westminster, London, 8th December 1861.
Died at Mayfair, Westminster, London, 12th February 1921.
He was educated at Rugby, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1877-80, being captain 1878-80. He went up to Oriel College, Oxford, playing cricket for the University 1881-83, rugby 1880-81 and racquets 1881-84. He played in 48 first-class matches, including 20 for Middlesex and four Test Matches in Australia during the tour there in 1882/3. He also played for Shropshire, 1879-82, and was hon secretary of the Butterflies Cricket Club. He became managing director of William France, Fenwick &. Co. Ltd., Fenchurch Street, London, coal merchants and ship owners.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at Bryn Tannatt, Llansaintffraid, Montgomery, Wales, aged 19, an undergraduate of Oxford. A visitor was Arnold Moon, aged 20, also an undergraduate of Oxford and there were two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Commonwealth Games Women's Qualifying Competition 2021/22
- England in West Indies 2021/22
- England Women in Australia 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India in South Africa 2021/22
- Ireland in West Indies 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2021/22
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE