TESTER, William Abraham.
Born at Brighton, Sussex, 8th June 1857.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 9th June 1890.
He was the son of William Tester, a house painter, in Brighton. He was a compositor by trade and in 1879 he was cricket coach at Brighton College and from 1885 to 1889 he was at Cambridge University during the Easter term as a bowler. He died at the Sussex County Hospital at the age of 33 and on 11th August 1890 a match was played between the Sussex Club and Ground and the M.C.C., at Brighton for the benefit of his widow and children.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 37 Devonshire Street, Brighton, Sussex, with his father William, aged 57 born at Hammersmith, Middlesex, a house painter, and his mother Lydia, aged 55 born at Balcombe, Sussex. He is aged 24, a printer, and his brother Albert is aged 16, a house painter.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Commonwealth Games Women's Qualifying Competition 2021/22
- England in West Indies 2021/22
- England Women in Australia 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India in South Africa 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2021/22
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE