DateLine: 29th July 2009
Though India have been outplayed in the ICC World Twenty20 this time, coach Gary Kirsten says they will come back strongly next year.
The next edition of the event is just eight months away.
"We will make sure that our preparations next time are good," Kirsten said.
India who entered the coveted tournament as defending champions, did not even make the semifinals this time, losing all their super eight stage matches.
The former South African opener also stressed on the importance of Test cricket.
"We just need to be careful. Twenty20 and the Indian Premier League are a great product, very popular. But Tests is what the game stands for. It's been around for so long," he told a news channel.
Kirsten also said the IPL, should stay in India.
"The fans here enjoyed it immensely. It was an amazing experience for them but IPL should remain in India because it's an Indian product," he said.
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC Women's World Cup 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE