|Player:||A Mithun, Z Khan, A Mithun, A Mithun|
|Event:||India in Sri Lanka 2010|
DateLine: 8th July 2010
Indian strike bowler Zaheer Khan is ruled out of the tour with a shoulder injury.
"Zaheer Khan has been ruled out of the forthcoming Sri Lanka series because of a shoulder injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has chosen Abhimanyu Mithun to replace him," Board Secretary N Srinivasan said in a BCCI release.
Zaheer was rested for the recent tour of Zimbabwe in order to keep him fresh for the busy season ahead. He played in all of India's matches in the recent Asia Cup at Dambulla.
Uncapped so far in Test, Mithun was included in the Indian squad for the two-Test series against South Africa early this year but did not play any match.
He has played an ODI against South Africa in Ahmedabad, in February this year.
India begin their tour of Sri Lanka with a three-day game against a Sri Lankan side in Colombo from July 13-15 before the first Test starts at Galle from July 18.
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC Women's World Cup 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE