|Ground:||Lord's Cricket Ground, St John's Wood|
|Event:||Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016|
DateLine: 19th July 2016
Mumbai, July 18 : Reg Dickason, an Australian security expert who has been working with the England team was honored at Lords during the first Test match against Pakistan, it is learnt here.
Confirming this, Chris Smith, the MCC's Communications Officer said, "I believe he was given a few gifts to mark his 100th Test, but you’ll need to ask the ECB for more details".
"He (Dickason) received a memento for working 100 Tests for the England team. Andrew Strauss made a presentation to him at a Lord's drinks reception at the end of day 2", Danny Reuben, the team's media official says.
Later, Dickason also said, "I am humbled and genuinely honoured to have been recognised by the England Cricket Board. I have worked closely with a number of excellent administrators and players over the years who now I consider as friends".
"I was shocked and suprised to be recognised at such an iconic venue like Lord's. I would like to thank Andrew Strauss and the players for the gift".
This may be the first known incident where a security expert being honoured by any national cricket team.
Reg Dickason or his son Sam, who is also a security adviser, will visit India and Bangladesh soon for inspection of venues before the go ahead is given for the England team to tour this countries.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 Bipin Dani)
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE